What happens after applying for a position with CIHR?
When you apply for a position at CIHR, we review your qualifications to determine whether they meet the essential qualifications. Selected candidates then enter the typical recruitment process, which generally consists of the following stages:
- Candidates go through testing
- Successful test takers are invited to an interview
- Retained candidates are invited for Second Language testing (when bilingualism is a requirement)
- Candidates who meet the language requirements are screened for security clearance
- Candidates who are deemed qualified receive a job offer or are put on a candidate list for future job openings
Please note that the recruitment process takes three and a half months on average.