Salary and benefits
CIHR Offers an attractive, fair and competitive total compensation package
When you work at CIHR, you never have to wonder about whether your compensation package is competitive. That's because we regularly assess the market to ensure our package measures up, leaving you free to focus on career development. Salary adjustments occur each April, when performance is evaluated.
While the majority of our employees are not represented by a bargaining unit, a small group of employees are unionized.
CIHR Offers numerous leave provisions
In addition to an attractive compensation package, CIHR also makes available to employees a range of leave options, which vary according to employee category and status. In general, we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Family-related leave
- Personal and volunteer leave
- Maternity and parental leave, including allowances which, in conjunction with Employment Insurance and parental benefits, amount to 93% of the employee's weekly rate of pay
CIHR's Holiday-season shutdown: Employees are off and paid
CIHR closes operations between December 25 and January 1 each year, and employees are paid for this time. All we ask is that employees make up the hours during the normal working year. This amounts to just seven extra minutes a day in exchange for approximately an additional week of time off at the end of every year.
We've got you covered
Benefits are an essential component of any career. Everyone needs protection for themselves and their families. As an employee of CIHR, you and your dependents are covered by a wide range of benefits.
CIHR offers a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Defined pension contribution plan
- Supplementary Death Benefit
- Employer-paid Dental Care Plan
- Health Care Plan (hospital, drug and eye care coverage; emergency travel assistance)
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Optional Life insurance, including Dependent's insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family Care Program
- Recognition and Rewards Program
Further information on the Public Service Pension and Benefits as a prospective member is available at the following Treasury Board websites:
Supplemental content (right column)