Institute of Aboriginal Peoples' Health (IAPH) Institute Community Support (ICS) Program
2013-14 ICS Travel Awards
The IAPH Travel Awards program is now administered through ResearchNet. Please visit the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database for details (e.g. application deadline, application instructions, etc.) on the funding opportunity.
Look for the next competition by clicking on "Find Funding" on the CIHR Home page and locate the Other: Travel Awards - Institute Community Support funding opportunity.
CIHR-IAPH will provide funding for individuals, including knowledge users and community-based researchers, presenting their own research (i.e., keynote/panel presenter, poster, workshop, etc.) at Canadian or international meetings, conferences or symposia that are determined to be relevant to its mandate.
The application deadlines for the three competitions running this fiscal year are in May 2013, September 2013 and January 2014. Please consult the CIHR website regularly for the competition dates and details regarding this program.
For those seeking workshop and symposium support, please refer to the Planning Grants and Dissemination Events funding opportunities in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database.
IAPH's contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
The total amount available for this program is $45,000 for fiscal year 2013-14.
The maximum amount for individual awards is as follows:
- $2,500 for applicants from Northern and remote areas;
- $2,500 for applicants to international (outside North America) meetings, conferences or symposia; and,
- $1,500 for all other applicants.
Specific Eligibility Requirements
- Trainees (master's and doctoral students, and post-doctoral fellows), New Investigators and Knowledge Users, including community-based researchers, presenting (i.e., keynote/panel presenter, poster, workshop, etc.) at a conference relevant to the mandate of IAPH, are eligible to apply.
- First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis presenters may apply.
- CIHR-IAPH will provide funding for travel that occurs within 9 months after the application deadline.
For information on the IAPH ICS Travel Awards program, please contact CIHR-IAPH at IAPH.ISA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
Supplemental content (right column)