Ethics Publications & ResourcesNote: This page contains external hyperlinks. For more information on CIHR's hyperlinking practices, please refer to the Hyperlinking Notice section of the Important Notices page.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of links to other ethics-related Web sites, provided for information purposes only.
- Interactive bioethics modules for residents, Fellows, Program Directors, family physicians, and other healthcare professionals - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- TCPS 2 Tutorial Course on Research Ethics for the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans - Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics
- Tutorial in Research Ethics - Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec (Ministry of Health and Social Services)
- Web-based modules covering the general core topics for all animal users and specific core topics for the Laboratory Animal/Teaching Stream of the Recommended Syllabus - Canadian Council on Animal Care
- Webinars - CCAC offers free pre-recorded web-based seminars, or webinars, in order to educate, train, and communicate with ACC members, scientists and other CCAC constituents across the country and around the world
- BioPortal - Biotechnology at the Governement of Canada (ethics)
- Canada GE3LS - a search engine to navigate through a broad spectrum of Canadian-funded GE3LS research projects
- Canadian Association for HIV Research (CAHR) Ethics Document - an ethics guideline for Canadians conducting research in developing countries
- Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards (CAREB)
- Canadian Bioethics Society (CBS) - a forum for professionals interested in sharing ideas relating to bioethics and in finding solutions to bioethical problems
- Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) - the national organization responsible for setting and maintaining standards for the care and use of animals in research, teaching and testing throughout Canada.
- Citizens For Responsible Care and Research (CIRCARE) - human research protection in Canada
- EthicsWeb - online research ethics resources, including policies, publications, articles, etc.
- Genome Canada - GE3LS
- Health Canada - legislation, guidelines and policies
- Humgen International - resource for ethical, legal and social issues in human genetics
- Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics (PRE)
- National Council on Ethics in Human Research (NCEHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Network Environments for Aboriginal Health Research (NEAHR)
- Public Responsibility in Medicine & Research (PRIM&R)
- Science and Technology for Canadians
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- UNESCO - Global Ethics Observatory - a system of databases with worldwide coverage in bioethics and other areas of applied ethics in science and technology such as environmental ethics, science ethics, and technology ethics